el temps

Click for Palma de Mallorca, España Forecast

divendres

SURRAFLEINAD


Many influences but, really influential?

Nowadays, we have the possibility to taste dishes from many different countries, and experiment lots of foreigner cultures through the food. The causes, in my opinion, are:

Firstly, the American imperialism that from years on have been introducing his restaurants and bars over the world (you will find McDonalds from Morocco to India).

Secondly, the important migrations of people from “poor” countries to “rich” countries (we have lots of Pakistan, South American, Chinese, restaurants in our cities).

Finally, because now the people is more used (and have more facilities) to travel to faraway countries. I have been 3 months in India recently, and since I returned, I have reduced the quantity of meat that I eat weekly.

However, I think that, in general, many years are needed for these influences to affect really in our daily habits. You will eat a Falafel in the street or you will cook burritos, but as special things, not as part of your normal diet.